Improve your organization’s diversity recruiting through a strategic evaluation – and if necessary, reorganization – of your recruiting processes.
If you hire out your recruiting needs, use companies who focus on finding diverse candidates. If you recruit in-house, keep the following points in mind when filling open roles.:
- Avoid job ads that use words and phrasing that leads diverse candidates to self-select out from applying.
- Look for diverse candidates where they spend time (e.g. minority professional groups)
- Ask for referrals from current diverse employees
- Make sure your communications spell out your commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Always encourage honest and open dialogue between employees and management to ensure that everyone feels welcome and accepted – and share that fact on your website and social media channels