Accounts Payable Coordinator
The Accounts Payable Coordinator functions within the Finance Department to administer activities related to account payables. Accountable for all payments of goods and services necessary for the operation of the business and its stores.
Essential Job Functions The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Administer account payable department and recommend changes to policies for various new software.
- Manage all account payable processes such as batch returns and printing checks.
- Coordinate with vendors and assist to recover all overdue payments.
- Train all new Team Members in file room processes.
- Manage and maintain inputs in purchasing system for all housing payments and assist in allowance disbursements.
- Assist Assistant Controller in various account payable for options.
- Monitor and resolve all account payable issues and administer all invoices for vendors and non-vendors.
- Administer various non vendor invoices, monitor expense reports and evaluate for appropriate signatures in invoices.
- Evaluate all invoices received from vendors, verify receipt dates and paper invoices.
- Review all vendor debit memos and invoices and administer all processes.
- Monitor all account payable payments and ensure compliance to company policies.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors and customers and evaluate all sales tax.
- Administer vendor invoices and prepare expense reports for purchase orders and check mails regularly.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with new vendors and handle all inquiries from customers and Team Members.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Participate on cross-functional teams, task forces or committees as required
Nature of Supervision:
- Must be capable of working with minimal direct supervision and a high level of autonomy.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities, but may be required to help train new team members or provide guidance and feedback to less experienced team members.
- An Associate’s Degree or higher in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university, or equivalent years of experience.
- Two plus years of progressive work experience required.
- Strong analytical capabilities with an aptitude for problem solving and process improvement.
- Ability to execute established company policies and procedures and maintain an effective system of internal control.
- Functions at a high level when working independently or in a group.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible, organized and able to work accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Exceptional strong computer skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) with previous exposure to ERP systems (Oracle preferred).
- Action Oriented – enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Dealing With Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen – knows how business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers (internal and external); solicits customer feedback and uses it to develop improvements in process and/or information; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and support.
- Functional/Technical Skills – has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment; is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people; builds rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals consistently; one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; pushes self and others for results.
- Time Management – uses his/her effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on the most important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Work/Life Balance – maintains a conscious balance between work and personal life so that one doesn’t dominate the other; is not one-dimensional; knows how to attend to both; gets what he/she wants from both.